When I mess something up, at least everyone escapes with all their limbs intact.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Progress

I've heard that after the first few bites that you can't really taste anything anymore, and that may in fact be true...it just wasn't Friday night. I had an awesome pizza - I got the thin and crispy crust veggie pizza and the crust was amazing! So good. Buttery, flaky - I just had to have more! But, I figure 3 pieces of that pizza was better than the 3 pieces of sausage and pepperoni my husband ate...and interestingly enough I feel groggy (from lack of sleep) but not like I OD'd on carbs, which is lovely. Nothing will replace a stuffed-crust pizza, but I'm gonna get really close with this thin crust. AWESOME!
I didn't  make it to pilates Sunday morning, but I did spend a few hours with Ethan in the pool (watching him jump off the diving board OVER and OVER and OVER). I hope that helps make up for it.
 
I went over my calories/points Sunday, but not by much. I was really looking forward to dinner and I'd worked hard over the weekend, so I figured an extra helping of tuna noodle casserole wouldn't hurt.


I did really well at the grocery store this week - got $150 of groceries for $64. All good stuff, too - I think the only things that weren't healthy and low fat were the microwave pizza's and poptarts that I bought my husband.

I got some fresh pre-chopped peppers/onions to add to my steamed omelettes because I suspect the reason those omelettes are turning out so runny is because I was using frozen veggies in them - my suspicion was right. I also got some more salmon, which I had for lunch Monday with brown rice & veggies. MMMM. It was really satisfying, I think that my body has been seriously lacking in the Omega-3's department.
 
On Monday night I let my husband cook dinner...and really, I told him to make him and the baby chicken nuggets and fries. We had 2 packs of mini nuggets so there was plenty...except I didn't expect that he's actually MAKE both of them. So what did I do when I got home from Zumba? YUP...ate 18 of those little buggers. So good, though. And, in my defense, I still stayed under my calories (if not my points...) for the day. And yes, I felt gross and sluggish Tuesday morning. Funny how food does that too you.


At Pilates on Tuesday we had a substitute instructor so I wasn't sure what to expect, except pain. Lots of pain. However, she kinda went easy on us. Our regular instructor really pushes us. This lady led a much gentler class, and while I still worked up a sweat I didn't get the same sense of accomplishment afterwards that I usually do in Pam's class.

I notice that now that I've been exercising regularly that my body craves it. The first three days of the week have been my exercise days...by the time Sunday rolls around I am feening for a fix! In a few weeks I'm joining a gym where I'll be able to go every day if I want, and I'm very excited about feeling good all week :)

I think I may have been off on my initial weight...I didn't actually weigh myself on the 8th. I took what my last weight had been three weeks ago (the last time I stepped on the scale). So, while I HAVE in fact lost this much weight, I didn't do it in a week's time. I've lost 2.5 pounds since my last weigh in on the 11th for a total of 11 pounds so far. I can't help feeling like it'd be more, though, if I hadn't gorged on chicken bites this week but oh well. Move on. I'm packing for a work trip tonight - we're staying at a hotel with a mini fridge and a microwave, so I've packed easy mac and chef boyardee for lunches for the boys and I've got single serving brown rice, chicken breasts (to steam), and steam-in-bag veggies to make for dinners. I'm also going to bring some romaine heart and cucumber for salad. The hotel has free breakfast, including eggs, sausage, and yogurt, so I'm good in that department. I'm still going to bring cheese bites and hard boiled eggs to snack on. I'm really excited to see my VA Beach coworkers, I miss them a lot, and I'm really excited to be back in the field, my element. I'm also excited to introduce Chris to Virginia Beach and hope he loves it as much as I do. And Ethan...well, everyone just can't WAIT to meet him :) I know they'll love him to bits.

1 comment: