When I mess something up, at least everyone escapes with all their limbs intact.

Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1

1. Today I managed to get another two rooms in our house impossibly clean. This is a continuation of work I started yesterday, where I managed to get three rooms done before heading off to K-Pell's for our Wives' & Co. New Years Eve Extravaganza. Not the "whole house cleaning" I was hoping to have completed before the start of 2010, but the level of cleanliness of the three rooms I did get done makes up for it.

2. Got in touch with the roofers and finally got the roof fixed. It's really funny how insecure you feel when the roof over your head is failing. It's like, when everything is going to hell in a handbag and things just aren't well in general, most people can say "Well at least I have a roof over my head." But, when that roof is one of the things going to hell in a handbasket (like, I dunno, allowing rain to hit you in the face while you sleep) it's unsettling. Especially because the really obviously bad part was right over our bed. I seriously would go to bed hoping that the ceiling wouldn't fall on Chris, Ethan, or I in our sleep and crush us to death.

3. I realized today that I enjoy time away from my son. Chris took Ethan to Grandad's so that I could get some more work done in peace (the second day in a row, mind you) and I was able to be productive and play music at very loud levels without having to hawkeye anyone for a few hours and it was just...heavenly. Where it really hit me was at the grocery store, where I made our usual hour-to-hour & a half trip in about 30 minutes. I was able to relax mentally, even though I was physically running around I was quite refreshed when Chris and Ethan came home, making for a much more enjoyable evening.

4. Lavender makes me happy, and I bought two new lavender candles and a new set of lavender plug-in inserts. Now my house smells like a lovely field, and not stale air and cat pee. Win!

5. I opted not to overload myself tonight by putting off cleaning the closet until tomorrow. E's gonna be out of town with his Grandparents, and once I'm done at Arlington visiting Dad & Mom I'll have the rest of the day to give the laundry my undivided attention. It's not going anywhere, trust me.

6. I TiVo'd the last three episodes of season 1 of True Blood this week, and tonight I'm going to watch them. I've already read all the books Charlaine Harris has written about Sookie Stackhouse, and I've seen all of season 2 and now I can finally catch those last few episodes I've been missing.

7. Lastly, today I wrote my first 365 of 7 blog entry. Hey, I gotta take credit where I can get it, but seriously this took longer and necessitated more thought than I first expected. It's like one big Facebook status update. I had to think about my day and really pick out what I want to remember from it. While eating a Frostee. Maybe that's what made it difficult....

1 comment:

  1. Katie you rock!! I am doing the same thing - I am going to try my best to be better bloggin - not always negative not always positive but just something to get off my mind!! way to go lady congrats on the cleaning!!!

    ReplyDelete