When I mess something up, at least everyone escapes with all their limbs intact.

Monday, January 4, 2010

January 3

1. I took Yoshi to the SPCA's low-cost vaccination clinic. It was supremely, blisteringly windy and cold. I wanted to take all the cats, too, but I only had 1 carrier and there's no way in hell I'm putting 2 cats in 1 carrier, let alone 3. But they have this every month, so I'll plan better for February. $20 to update shots was totally worth freezing for 1/2 hour. I have to give props to the SPCA, it was a really efficient clinic!

2. I did 5 loads of laundry, folded them, and put them away. And for those of you keeping track, yes, it is in fact my Husband's job to put it away.

3. I read a magazine.This is something I did quite often pre-baby. I enjoy few things more than wrapping up in a cozy blanket with some tea and a couple of magazines. It wasn't to blissed out self-snuggle fest of yore, but I managed to get through it and keep the baby from climbing up the stairs at the same time.

4. We had Eggs Benedict for dinner. This is a tradition in Chris' family, usually it's breakfast on New Year's Day. Because of their New Year's party, we needed to reschedule it. It was lovely. Ethan likes it, too, which just cracks me up because there is nothing that boy won't eat.

5. I gave my brother the blessing to throw out my old VHS tapes. I've really been working hard on letting material things go, and since I'd thrown out about 300 that I had in my tiny, tiny house I figured the other 400+ that were still at my Dad's were ok to toss, too.

6. I made my lunch for work and set out clothes for the next day. This is a habit I'd really like to get into, it makes the morning so much less hectic.

7. I spent a little QT with my hubby. Even though he didn't put away all the laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Let's not forget to mention that you inspired your BFF to take her dog to the clinic also. You inspire me, wifey! *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah---how many of those VHS tapes were from good old Video Warehouse, do you think?

    ReplyDelete