When I mess something up, at least everyone escapes with all their limbs intact.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 4

1. I got busted admiring my reflection in our building's glass-enclosed lobby. I can't help it, I'm vain. And what I'm wearing today in particular is really flattering. Really! It's nothing special, just a nice pair of jeans, a fitted white t-shirt, and a short-sleeved button-down sweater and boots. It just...fits. Properly. I figure if I over-inflate my ego now then I'll even-out the next time I'm feeling low about myself. Or I'll just keep preening in the rear-view mirror because it only shows from the neck up...oh dammit. I'm so vain, I probably thought this post was about me...

2. I finished my all the stuff on my work to-do list. And then I did some more, just to be uber-productive.

3. With little traffic, I made it home before 6pm. Woo hoo!! Beautiful thing.

4. I made dinner for the sort-of-second day in a row. I say sort-of because it's the second day in a row that I was home to make dinner...we ate at Chris' parents on Sunday and all...and I made chicken BBQ, mashed taters, and peas. Chris was supposed to make dinner, and the only reason he didn't was because he ran to the store to get a firelog, with which I...

5. ...set a blazing fire in the fireplace. Like, A BLAZING FIRE IN THE FIREPLACE. You know how those little firelogs say not to burn anything else while you're burning the log...because...you know...it's special? Or something? I usually ignore it and burn on my merry way with no problems...only this time we had really...potent...wood? Maybe it was just really dry and prime for the burning...look, I dunno, maybe little fire martians invaded my hearth and had a party, but I had that damned fire rolling far past my ability to control it and my attempts to squelch it some only made it worse, so I pretty much shut the fireplace doors and walked away from it, praying that in ignorance-being-bliss style it would take care of itself. Which it did. Chris says the fire was fine all along, and that I was overreacting (What? ME? Never.) but I seriously disagree.

6. I realized that we do not have a fire extinguisher. Shame, shame, it knows my name all too well...I live across the street from a FIREHOUSE for God's sake...I'll fix it. Note to self.

7. I watch the tail end of the movie "He's Just Not Into You." It was cute. I don't watch movies anymore, so it was refreshing.

2 comments:

  1. Vain?! Overreacting?! Totally not qualities of a FIRE sign! Ares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARIES, Karen, ARIES. You forgot the I...not that I ever would...

    ReplyDelete